Here are a few things we’re especially excited about for Summer 2022:
- New this year we’re offering a group for girls, welcoming non-binary, gender non-conforming, and trans campers. The group will take place during the first week of Red Wolf (Aug 7-13) for those ages 11-14. Anyone who feels like they’d thrive in this setting is welcome!
- Welcoming more kids for longer stays. Kids need nature connection now more than ever. We’re excited to offer multi-week AND sibling discounts this year, to support families with many kids who want to spend more time outside. See below for details!
- Exploring a new home! We have a new home for Red Wolf this year – Haliburton Forest & Wild Life Reserve. New forests, new waters, new adventures.
- Getting back into the wilderness. We’ve missed the opportunity to fully immerse ourselves in the wilderness, build fires, go canoeing, work on multi-day projects, climb trees, and practice so many other skills that we aren’t able to in the city.
- A new Red Wolf Camp Manager! Meet Owain. He’s excited to re-launch Red Wolf and inspire kids with transformative outdoor experiences this summer.
For all these reasons and more, we know Red Wolf is going to be better than ever. But don’t just take it from us – hear a first-hand accounts and stories from past campers:
“Red wolf is a place where you can build a second family and create lifelong friendships.”
Meet Sophie. Sophie has been part of the Pine community for over a decade (since she joined as a Coyote Pup in 2009)! She first went to Red Wolf Overnight Camp as a 10 year old and has been going back ever since. Sophie gave us the inside scoop on the Red Wolf experience and shared some of her favourite memories.
“My favourite thing about Red Wolf is the community you build over the time you are there. Whether you’re there for one week or three weeks, your group becomes your family. They will support you with whatever you need. Living out in the woods for a week requires teamwork and cooperation, and those things make for the best bonding experience.”
“For me, Red Wolf is the best way to spend time in nature.”
Meet Zac. Zac has been part of the Pine community since he was just 4 years old. He first went to Red Wolf Overnight Camp as an 8 year old and was hooked. He shared some insights and memories from his time at Red Wolf.
“I would tell my younger self that Red Wolf will be some of the best weeks of my life. The sense of community is so welcoming and the leaders will teach me so much. I’d say that Pine will go on to have a massive impact on my life and who I am as a person.”
“I learned not to be afraid.”
Meet Lexa, a kid with a sweet tooth, a snuggly demeanour and the skills to light a fire quicker than your dad. Lexa was convinced to go to the Pine Project’s Red Wolf Overnight Camp because she gets to do her favourite things every day for an entire week, and she gets to have a sleepover every night with her friends. After her first year, Lexa left feeling more confident.
“It makes me feel like I can do anything. I feel different. I’m not sure people notice a change, but I think that they probably do.” When asked what she learned, Lexa replied, “I learned not to be afraid.”
My kids have been attending Pine camps for the last 7 years. For my older child especially, the experience has been a foundational one. Much of his sense of self, confidence, and pride comes from his time at Red Wolf. Over the years, he’s stretched his boundaries and achieved things he didn’t know he could. Now, as he continues to learn, and in turn share what he’s accomplished with the new generations of campers, the impact of the program on his feelings of self-worth is even more obvious.— Parent of two Pine campers
Haliburton Forest & Wild Life Reserve, Haliburton, ON
All ages (7-14) are welcome to register for any week. *New this year* We’re offering a group for girls, welcoming non-binary, gender non-conforming, and trans campers. The group will take place during the first week of Red Wolf (Aug 7-13) for those ages 11-14. Anyone who feels like they’d thrive in this setting is welcome!
A $300 deposit/registration is required upon registration. The balance is collected following acceptance either in full, or a payment plan is available. If needed, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a custom payment plan. Bursaries are available through our Bursary Fund.
Multi-week discount: Stay for more than a week and get $50 off each additional week.
- 2 Weeks: Use the code “RW2WEEKS” ($50 off) when registering
- 3 Weeks: Use the code “RW3WEEKS” ($100 off) when registering
Sibling discount: Register more than one camper and save $25 on each additional sibling.
- Applied automatically when registering (Full price for 1st camper; $25 off for 2nd/3rd/etc. camper)
* This is an overnight camp. Drop off and pick up occurs at the beginning and end of each session.
Drop off is on Sunday (drop-off times will be staggered) (Aug. 7 / Aug. 14 / Aug. 21)
Pick up is on Saturday (pick-up times will be staggered) (Aug. 13 / Aug. 20 / Aug. 27)
Pine will provide transportation from the drop-off location (Base Camp) to the campsites.
Our current plans are based on provincial camp Covid-19 guidelines, with the understanding that we may need to adapt plans in response to evolving public health guidelines.* For further information on our current Covid-19 health & safety measures, please carefully review our Covid-19 Information for Overnight Camps.
*Pine camps will adhere to provincial and municipal public health guidelines as they continue to evolve. We’re continuing to closely monitor for updates and we’re dedicated to communicating any changes to families as quickly as possible. Our Covid-19 Information for Overnight Camps webpage will be updated regularly and registered families will be emailed directly.
Please review our full cancellation policy carefully before registering.
We’ll be accepting applications to register for Summer 2022 starting on Wednesday, February 9th at 12:00pm (noon)! To view availability and apply to register after that date, click the Registration button below and complete an application.
*We follow an application to register process – families apply to register a camper and after brief review, we’ll send you an email to confirm your acceptance or follow up with some additional questions.
*Please note: We offer pre-registration to returning campers before this public registration date.
Click here for registration policies.