To support long-term mentoring relationships, we offer pre-registration privileges to participants who were registered in the same season the year before. Registration instructions will be emailed to all those qualifying for pre-registration.
Pre-registering siblings: In an effort to support returning families and maintain family connections, we also welcome pre-registration for siblings interested in joining a program for the first time.
If a program is full, we encourage you to register to the waitlist! When a program is full, a ‘waitlist available’ notice will appear next to the program’s name on our online registration system. Simply click on the program to expand, choose “Add to waitlist” and follow the prompts to proceed.
There is no fee associated with registering to a waitlist, nor any commitment involved; however, we ask that you only add yourself to the waitlist for programs that you are interested in and available to join. If a spot becomes available for your family, we’ll contact you via the primary email address provided with a specific deadline to accept or decline (typically 48 hours – 1 week depending on the program’s start date). If nothing is heard by the specified deadline, we’ll offer the spot to the next person.
Spots are generally offered in the order that waitlist registrations are received. (Occasionally, for quick turn-around times, we may offer the spot to several families on a first-come-first-serve basis. This will always be made clear in the email.) As gender and age balance is very important to support diversity and group dynamics within our programs, we may also prioritize waitlist registrations on this basis.
We do our very best to provide a positive environment for all our participants. If a participant requires special accommodations, please elaborate on these as much as possible in their application. Our team will be in touch to further discuss how we can best provide support. If participants with special needs require more support than we are able to provide and this information is not as part of the application process, participation in the program may not be possible. Read our Accessible Customer Service Policy.
Summer Day Camp Before & After Policy
*Please note: Before and After Care is not being offering for modified summer day camp in Summer 2020.
Any child who will be arriving to camp before 9:00am must be registered in Before Care. Similarly, any child who will remain with us past 3:30pm must be registered in After Care.
There are limited spaces available in Before and After Care.
- Before and After Care will be available options at the time of when applying to register for camp. Following camp registration, please call the office at 416-792-2772 to register your child in Before or After Care.
- A child must be registered in Before or After Care at least one week prior to the start of camp.
- No refund is issued within 1 week of the start of camp.
- After 5:30pm, a late fee of $1/minute is charged for any child who has not been picked up. Payment in cash should be given to the counsellor present upon pick-up.
Parents who have not registered their child in Before Care must drop-off at 9:00am. Similarly, parents who have not registered their child in After Care must pick-up by 3:30pm.
- A late fee of $20 will be charged for any child who has not been picked up by 3:30pm.
Late Fee Policy
If a caregiver is aware that they will be late, we ask that they contact instructors at the field phone provided in their Welcome Email/Package. Due to the costs incurred when a caregiver is late and to respect the time of our instructors, a late fee will be charged for any child who has not been picked up by a program’s end time. Unless stated otherwise, a standard late fee of $1/participant/minute applies for all children’s programs. Payment in cash should be given to the instructor present upon pick-up.
The Pine Project designs and implements programs based on enrolment. We invest in program planning, site licenses, equipment and other costs before the program begins. These expenses cannot be recovered in the event of a cancellation. When considering a cancellation, please be aware and respectful of our policies and commitment to facilitating quality programs.
Program Changes or Cancellations by the Pine Project:
- Although program cancellations made by the Pine Project are very rare, we reserve the right to cancel a program or change a program’s duration, price or location.
- If a program is cancelled or changed due to weather or other circumstances out of our control, no refund will be issued. Where possible, arrangements will be made for a make-up day.
- If a program is cancelled or changed due to low enrolment, a full refund will be issued.
How to request a cancellation:
- All cancellations must be requested in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Outdoor School includes Children, Teen and Family programs running from October – June, such as Oaks and Acorns, Coyote Pups, Fiery Foxes, Raccoons, Adventure Out, Run Wild After School, and Weekend Wanderers.
- A deposit of $100 is required for each program registration. Of this, $50 is non-refundable.
- A full refund (less a $50 non-refundable deposit/program session/person) will be issued to any cancellation made during the notice period of 28 calendar days or more prior to the start date of the program.
- We offer a four-week trial (except for Weekend Wanderers* and Teen Wilderness Adventure Programs**) for Outdoor School programs. If a cancellation is made within the first four weeks of the program, the cancellation fee will reflect a pro-rated price.
- *The trial period for Weekend Wanderers is one program day. If a cancellation is made within 7 calendar days after the first program day for Weekend Wanderers, the cancellation fee will reflect a pro-rated price for 1 program day.
- **Due to the nature of this program, there is no trial period for our Teen Wilderness Adventure Program.
- Canceling after the trial period: Cancellations after the four week trial period and before January 31st will result in a 50% reimbursement of the program tuition.
- No refunds will be issued after January 31st.
Summer Camps – Cancellation policy for modified summer day camp in 2020:
In light of the current and evolving situation with Covid-19, we have revised our cancellation policy for our modified summer day camp in 2020:
If you need to cancel camp:
- A full refund, less a $50 administration fee/camp session/person, will be issued to any cancellation made during the notice period of 10 calendar days* or more prior to the start date of the camp.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made less than 10 days before the camp’s start date. **
* The notice period has been revised from 28 calendar days to 10 calendar days.
**We are operating camp at a greatly reduced capacity this year, which is difficult to manage financially. Therefore, cancellations due to illness within 10 days of the start of camp or during camp will not be eligible for a refund. We ask that families consider this before registering. Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
If we need to cancel camp:
Though we have received permission to operate day camps, there remains the possibility that we may need to shut down camp due to government mandate or other Covid-related circumstances.
- We are not able to guarantee a notice period. However, we will do our very best to advise families as soon as we are able if we are required to cancel.
- Families will receive a full refund (pro-rated to the number of days attended), less a $50 administration fee/camp session/person.
Adult Programs and Courses
- A deposit of at least $100 is required for each program registration. Of this, $50 is non-refundable.
Some courses do not have a deposit option and for some courses, a deposit greater than $100 is required.
- A full refund (less $50 non-refundable deposit) will be issued to any cancellation made during the notice period of 28 calendar days or more prior to the start date of the course.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made 28 days or less prior to the course’s start date.