Program content highlights:
- Wilderness travel preparation
- Navigation and map reading
- Camp setup and care
- Wildlife tracking
- Sustainable plant harvesting
- Wild edibles foraging and preparation
- Fire by friction
- Identifying local hazards
- Shelter building
- Sensory Awareness
- Primitive tools such as bows, arrows, stone/bone tools and more
- Bird Language
*Teen Wilderness Adventure is an expedition-based program. Teens camp backcountry in tents over all 4 weekends. In especially cold weather, a wall tent with wood stove is provided.
Weekend 1: Norval Outdoor Centre
Weekend 2: Algonquin Area
Weekend 3: Gravenhurst
Weekend 4: Norval Outdoor Centre
A payment plan is available. Bursaries are available through our Bursary Fund.
* This is a weekend overnight camp. Drop off and pick up occurs at the beginning and end of the session. Drop off and pick up details below:
- 2:00pm – Shuttle leaves city (shuttle available for January and April weekends only)
- 5:00pm – Arrive at program location
- 3:00pm – at Norval on October and May weekends
- 6:00pm – Shuttle arrival in Toronto on January and April weekends
We’ll be accepting applications to register for our 2020/21 season starting in May 2020! To view availability and apply to register after that date, click the Registration button below and complete an application. Once you’ve submitted an application, we’ll reach out within 2 weeks to confirm your acceptance into the program or follow up with additional questions.
Click here for registration policies.