Leadership and Mentoring Skills:
- Play, learn and lead numerous camp- and nature-based games and songs
- Personal character development
Wilderness and Survival Skills:
- Fire by friction
- Local hazards (plants animals, insects)
- Camp safety
- Bushcraft: knots, tarps, ropes, wood
- Wild edible and medicinal plants
- Shelter building
- Sensory awareness and sneaking
- Leather making and working
- Primitive tools such as bows, arrows, stone tools and more
- Cordage (making rope out of plants)
- Knives and carving skills
- Plant identification
- Wildlife tracking and observation
- Learn bird calls and start to reveal the language of the birds
- Learn to use field guides to identify and research
- Develop personal nature goals
- Get and use a ‘sit spot’ to learn more about the land
- Mapping the local topography
- Create and use a nature journal
King's Mill Park
Bursaries are available through our Bursary Fund.
A $100 deposit is required upon registration. The balance is collected following acceptance. No payment plans will be available through the registration system. If payment in full creates financial hardship for your family, please reach out to our team at email@example.com to discuss a custom payment plan.
We recognize that navigating this year’s many unknowns is difficult for families. Our cancellation policy is designed to provide flexibility in the coming months – families will receive a full refund, minus a $50 administration fee, for any cancellation made 28 days or more before the start of camp. Please review our full cancellation policy carefully before registering.
We’ll be accepting applications to register for Summer 2021 starting on Wednesday, April 14th at 12:00pm (noon)! To view availability and apply to register after that date, click the Registration button below and complete an application.
*We follow an application to register process – families apply to register a camper and after brief review, we’ll send you an email to confirm your acceptance or follow up with some additional questions.
*Please note: We offer pre-registration to returning campers before this public registration date. Therefore, we’re not able guarantee availability at open registration. However, we encourage you to sign up to waitlists! We typically see some turnover before and during camp, and we’d love to let you know if a spot opens up.
Click here for registration policies.