Teen Urban Summer Program
In the Teen Urban Summer Program, teens get to experience the wilder side of Toronto city parks and develop their leadership skills. The program focuses on three main skill groups: Leadership and Mentoring, Wilderness and Survival Skills, and Naturalist Knowledge.
Registration for our 2023 Summer Day Camps will open on Wednesday, February 1st at 12:00pm (noon)! You can find more registration details below.
Leadership and Mentoring Skills:
- Play, learn and lead numerous camp- and nature-based games and songs
- Personal character development
Wilderness and Survival Skills:
- Fire by friction
- Local hazards (plants animals, insects)
- Camp safety
- Bushcraft: knots, tarps, ropes, wood
- Wild edible and medicinal plants
- Shelter building
- Sensory awareness and sneaking
- Leather making and working
- Primitive tools such as bows, arrows, stone tools and more
- Cordage (making rope out of plants)
- Knives and carving skills
- Plant identification
- Wildlife tracking and observation
- Learn bird calls and start to reveal the language of the birds
- Learn to use field guides to identify and research
- Develop personal nature goals
- Get and use a ‘sit spot’ to learn more about the land
- Mapping the local topography
- Create and use a nature journal
Summer 2023 Details:
This is a day camp lasting two weeks. Sessions occur on a daily basis and run from Monday to Friday. We update program availability about once a week, but things can change fast! To double check if spots are available in your camp of interest, we recommend heading over to our registration site (click "Register" below). If a camp is full, we strongly encourage you to sign up to waitlists! We typically see quite a bit of movement on our waitlists before camps begin and we’d love to let you know if a spot opens up.
ET Seton Park (East End)
King's Mill Park (West End)
Bursaries are available through our Bursary Fund.
A $100 deposit is required upon registration. The balance is collected following acceptance. No payment plans will be available through the registration system. If payment in full creates financial hardship for your family, please reach out to our team at email@example.com to discuss a custom payment plan.
Please review our full cancellation policy carefully before registering.
*All Pine day camps will adhere to provincial and municipal public health guidelines as they continue to evolve.
Registration for Summer 2023:
We’ll be accepting applications to register for Summer 2023 starting on Wednesday, February 1st at 12:00pm (noon)! To view availability and apply to register after that date, click the Registration button below and complete an application.
*We follow an application to register process – families apply to register a camper and after brief review, we’ll send you an email to confirm your acceptance or follow up with some additional questions.
*Please note: We offer pre-registration to returning campers before this public registration date. We received an unprecedented amount of interest from returning campers this year, and many camps are already full. However, we encourage you to sign up to waitlists! We typically see some turnover before and during camp, and we’d love to let you know if a spot opens up.
*If you anticipate a disability creating a barrier to completing our online registration process, please contact our office prior to the registration date.
Click here for registration policies.