Program content highlights:
- Wilderness travel preparation
- Canoeing and portaging
- Navigation and map reading
- Water safety and rescue
- Camp setup and care
- Wildlife tracking
- Sustainable plant harvesting
- Wild edibles foraging and preparation
- Fire by friction
- Identifying local hazards
- Shelter building
- Sensory awareness
- Primitive tools such as bows, arrows, stone/bone tools and others
- Bird Language
Bark Lake Leadership Centre (Haliburton)
A payment plan is available. Bursaries are available through our Bursary Fund.
* This is an overnight camp. Drop off and pick up occurs at the beginning and end of the session.
Drop off is at 3:00pm on Sunday, August 2.
Pick up is at 12:00pm on Saturday August 22.
We’ll be accepting applications to register for Summer 2020 starting on February 12, 2020 at noon! To view availability and apply to register after that date, click the Registration button below and complete an application. Once you’ve submitted an application, we’ll reach out within 2 weeks to confirm your acceptance into the program or follow up with additional questions.
Click here for registration policies.