We offer Forest School programming for two age groups:
Coyote Pups (Ages 5-7)
We know Coyote Pups are curious and imaginative. That’s why we make each day a new adventure! We wander through the forest to find cool mysteries, play games that transform us into sneaky animals, and sing songs about nature’s wonders. By spending time outside with new friends and caring instructors, Coyote Pups build independence, social skills and resilience. We spark a love of nature that will last their entire lives!
Coyote Pups learn:
- About common plants and animals that share our environment
- How to identify and manage things that could be harmful
- Basic survival skills like fire-building and tool use
Fiery Foxes (Ages 8-10)
We know Fiery Foxes are growing quickly and itching to do things for themselves. That’s why we make each day an exciting new outdoor adventure! We set off on long wanders through the forest, carve tools and craft baskets, play games that test our teamwork, and more. By creating with their hands and working as a group, Fiery Foxes learn what they’re capable of.
- About a range of plants and animals that share our environment
- How different plants can be used
- How to identify and manage risk
- Survival skills like fire-building, carving, and shelter-building
- Team work, overcoming challenges and problem solving
- Stewardship education
WEST END: King’s Mill Park / Etienne Brule Park, Coyote Pups: Ages 5-7
WEST END: King’s Mill Park / Etienne Brule Park, Fiery Foxes: Ages 8-10
A payment plan is available. Bursaries are available through our Bursary Fund.
We’ll be accepting applications to register for the 2020/21 season starting on Wednesday, August 26th at noon!* To view availability and apply to register after that date, click the Registration button below and complete an application.
*We follow an application to register process – families apply to register a participant and after brief review, we’ll send you an email to confirm your acceptance in the program or follow up with some additional questions.
*Please note: We offer pre-registration to returning participants before this public registration date. Therefore, we’re not able guarantee program availability at open registration. However, we encourage you to sign up to waitlists! We typically see some turnover throughout the year and we’d love to let you know if a spot opens up.
We know that there may be increased interest in outdoor programming this year. Depending on registration demand, we may expand our programming beyond what is currently being offered. If you have specific requests or ideas, please feel free to reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note: The cancellation policy for Forest School differs from that of other Outdoor School programs. Please ensure you review the policy closely before registering.
- A $2,000 deposit is required for each registration. Of this, $1,000 is non-refundable.
- A full refund, less a $1,000 non-refundable deposit, will be issued to any cancellation made during the notice period of 28 calendar days or more prior to the start date of the program.
- Cancellations before December 15th will result in a 50% reimbursement of the program tuition.
- No refunds will be issued after December 15th.
- We reserve the right to cancel a program or change a program’s duration, price or location.
- If a program is cancelled or changed due to weather, no refund will be issued. Where possible, arrangements will be made for a make-up day.
- If a program is cancelled or changed due to low enrolment, a full refund will be issued.
All cancellations must be requested in writing by emailing email@example.com
We recognize that extenuating circumstances exist. For cancellations due to medical illnesses, or for any other compassionate reason, please apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the reason is medical- or illness-related please include official documentation.
The above policy is not applicable during a time of force majeure or circumstances beyond our control (e.g. pandemic, quarantine, natural disaster, etc.).
Covid-19: Though we are currently able to operate Forest School programs, there remains the possibility that we may need to shut down due to government mandate or other Covid-related circumstances.
- We are not able to guarantee a notice period. However, we will do our very best to advise families as soon as we are able.
- In the case that we need to cancel programs due to Covid-19, families will receive an 80% prorated refund per day missed.